background

Saturday, August 30, 2008

First Day of School

The kids did great on their first day of school. We walked into the office and Kaylee's teacher was there (we had already met her when we signed up on Friday) so she walked to class with her. I love her teacher, Mrs. Kelly. Everyday she has a new tip for me on where to go or how to keep my kids skin from getting too dry. She's fun and funny. Kaylee loves her too.

James had not met his teacher, Mrs. Twiss, yet so we walked him to class. When we got there Mrs. Twiss showed us around and let James pick out what shape he wanted for his name (he picked out a star-how accurate!). Then we went outside and played for ten minutes until the bell rang and he had to get into line and go to class. He was so quiet and nervous...yes, I'm still talking about James. It was so cute to see him that way...a very rare occurrence! He had a great day though and has loved getting up every morning to go. Our only complaint...he goes half day. He is definitely ready for full day...but that will be next year!

I wish I would have gotten a better pic. It's great of the kids. The portables behind them are called "The Cottages" and that's where Kaylee's classroom is. The building is beautiful. I'll have to take a picture of it sometime. Anyways, enjoy what I did get! Oh, and check out the sweaters! We're loving the weather here!!


No comments: