background

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring Break Finale

I totally forgot to write about what happened on the way back from the country. I got a ticket. Yup, me! I never get tickets!! I was so mad! I was driving on Hwy 96 and there are some spots that are just so straight and blah and you can see for miles. Speed limit is 70 and I would go about 90. I would have been okay if I got a ticket then. I slowed down when we passed through towns. And I even slowed down for the work zones. I passed the work zone and went back up to 70 and got pulled over...apparently it wasn't officially the end of the work zone (that sign came just a quarter of a mile after I drove away from getting my ticket!!). One hundred and forty six dollars!! Ugh! But better yet, I call the judge this morning to tell him I'm sending the money and he tells me the fines on the ticket are wrong and it's actually one hundred and sixty six dollars...of course it is! Double Ugh!!


We had a blast at family camp. It was so much fun and we were with all the right people. The kids had fun. It was fabulous. Jennifer and Hilde drove up together with their kids and Tricia and I drove up with our kids. We met just before the camp at a small town called Columbus. You should have seen us four women with NINE kids walking around town square...you could just see the shop owners running to put the "closed" sign in the window!! Then we went to Pizza Hut (because they don't serve dinner at camp the first night) and you know when we walked in they were all saying "are you kidding me right now?!" We totally dominated the restaurant. By the time we left we were the only ones in there...why did everyone leave?? haha


The first night at camp we met all of our fellow campers at a mixer. The kids loved the open space. Every time we found a playground there was another one on the horizon. They just kept running and running. When we got back to the cabins the kids all paired up with who they wanted to bathe with. I got Coby, James and Jagger in my room. Coby and James were still splashing around and I got Jagger out to get him dressed. He was in his diaper when Tricia came in to say hi. Then Jagger hurled....and all I could do was cup my hands and catch it ...and believe me, the cup overflowethed!! I ran to the sink and dumped the puke and came back to Jagger just in time to her the explosion (gosh, I wish I could duplicate that noise for you!) from his diaper and he filled up with diarrhea. Needless to say, Tricia found a quick excuse to get out of the room. Hilde took James and Kaylee to her room for a sleepover. Jagger and I got banned from the other cabins and got stuck sleeping in the stinky room by ourselves!


On Friday we took the younger kids to go on the horses. They were having so much fun just waiting for the horses to come. The kids were all climbing on the corral and Jen was taking some great pictures of them. Then my poor James slipped off the top bar. He fell backwards, flipped right over and went down head first. I heard a ping noise (too bad these computers are so silent!!) and that, we later figured out, was his nose hitting the bar. I turned around to see the rest of the fall which was James landing dead center on the top of his head (he even had a grass stain to show where he landed!). It was awful. His first nose bleed. People rushed around and got us ice, towels, and told me how to stop the nose from bleeding. He was fine in about fifteen minutes and was even brave enough to still ride the horses after that. Way to go James!! He must have broke some blood vessels in his nose though because for the rest of the weekend he had this swollen purple and red nose. He's still the cutest three year old in the world!!


I guess it was Saturday when Hilde and I decided to take the boys on the canoe. The girls had already done it and they were watching us take the boys. Jagger hated it from the get-go. He couldn't stand the life jacket. Oh well, James doesn't have to miss out just because Jagger is screaming. I get in the boat. We sit Jagger in front of me, James in front of him, Coby in front of him and then it was Hilde's turn. Hilde pushed off the bank a bit and then got into the canoe. I was like "Hilde, just sit down." She did and that's when we tipped the whole boat over!! I grabbed Jagger and threw him on the dock, then got James. Hilde grabbed Coby and pulled him up. I had to swim over to get James' crocs that had fallen off. I look up and poor Hilde, who I must tell you is completely dry due to the fact that she was still by the bank, is pregnant and is laughing so hard and having to cross her legs so she doesn't pee all over herself. I'm laughing hysterically. All boys are crying...sorry, wailing hysterically!! And this mother off to the side is trying to help us and I'm sure she thinks we all need counselling!!


We all get out of the water and we're on the deck now. James looks at me and screams (I'm really going to have figure out audio for this blog!!) "MOMMY...I AM SOOOOO MAD AT YOU" and then hurls his crocs back into the water (which I can luckily retrieve by lying on my tummy on the dock!). This just makes me laugh harder. Coby has gotten so upset he has peed his pants. I throw Jagger into the stroller and off we go back to the cabin. Now if you know James you know he hates to be dirty and especially hates to be wet. The two boys were walking like they had sticks for legs and they were doing it at a snail's pace! And we had at least a quarter of a mile to walk!! We finally made it though and it was a great story for the rest of the weekend. Kaylee especially liked telling her daddy about it.


It's Tuesday today and I'm just now catching up enough to get back here to blog. I know that the next adventure is right around the corner though! I wouldn't trade a single minute of this life...God always has me smiling!

No comments: