background

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The country and The Crib


What a great weekend we had at the country. Kaylee brought her friend Emily and they had a blast. We got in late on Friday so didn't do much but go to bed. On Saturday the kids stayed busy. They started the day off in the sand pit. They were having so much fun playing in it and mom decided to hide some money in bubble containers down in the middle. The kids lost the fun and started whining about where it was hidden and that they couldn't dig that far. Oh my goodness!! Well, when they finally found it they hid it again and again and again. Then they took the quarters out and hid them also. When it came time to leave on Sunday they actually forget the money. Too funny!

Riding around on the golf cart is always a huge hit. The girls took turns pretty well. Kaylee had to get off when Emily was driving though because she gets nervous with other people driving...too cute! We rode over to see the baby goats and chicks at Ms. Vicky's house and that was great. The goat was so cuddly and all of the kids got to pet her. Of course we gave lots of corn to the other goats too.

We spent the rest of the day just playing and going from activity to activity. We ended the day with a campfire and a warm bath. The kids were exhausted from all of the fresh air and went to bed pretty easily.

My Jagger ran a fever for the whole weekend. I swear that boy gets sick when we travel just so that I won't leave him when we get there! He likes his mommy to be close and this is his way of making sure I don't run off too far. The minute we got home his fever was gone and he is back to normal. Stinker!

We went out and bought bedding for Jagger's new bed on Sunday night. We got a black comforter which looks great with the black ants all over his room but will go nicely when we change his room into a rock n' roll room also.

I have to tell you, this whole moving out of the crib is bothering me more with Jagger than it did with the other two. Maybe not so much moving him as it is not having another one going into the crib. I had three beautiful babies in that crib...I'll be so sad to see it go. I heard my babies laugh, cry and bang toys against the sides. I saw them sleep, play and have so much fun in there. I watched them grow from the security of the confinement to trying to leap over the sides to get some freedom. It's silly that a piece of furniture could mean this much to me. I have to do as they say on HGTV all of the time...hold on to the memories and let go of the furniture. Oh, but what fun it would be to have another baby in there!!

I will say it is harder having Jagger last. Had Kaylee been the last baby I would have been able to say no more babies easily...she was colic and cranky and just a miserable baby. James being adopted at a year old didn't spend as much time in the crib. Jagger though...he was my surprise baby. And not one time have I ever thought...what was God thinking?! Jagger has been a joy. An easy baby. All my children have grown into wonderful children..but if I could have another baby like Jagger...sign me up!

No comments: