background

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Getting Started

Okay...so I'm finally doing it. I have wanted to blog for a while. I live a hectic, not-my-fault-dramatic, crazy life with three wild kids and a fabulous husband who never seems to be home anymore due to work. I NEED to blog. I have so much to get off my chest, so much to say...and nobody still enough to listen to me. I go through life and the craziest things happen to me and I think "Crap! That was funny! I need to be writing this down!" but I never do. I complain about being the only not funny person in my family...but if you could just live my life...who needs to be funny when funny always happens to you?!

So where do I start? Do I have to give a background? Should I start with how a fluke trip from Canada to Texas landed me my wonderful husband after just 11 months of leaving home? Or how about our oh so sad infertility bouts? (Don't worry because even that gets funny...we had Kaylee, then adopted James after three years of fertility treatments that didn't work...(funnier still, we even had to take birth control to shrink a cyst I had gotten while doing fertility drugs...are you kidding me??? Yes, taking birth control while trying to get pregnant!!) and then after five months of being home found out we were pregnant with number three (at bike rally in Galveston..in a Whataburger bathroom, of course!) Maybe we shouldn't go that far back...we could start at three weeks ago when I travelled alone with the three kids from Houston to Canada...the first flight made an emergency landing because a man had a heart attack and then I missed my second flight to Canada...which of course left me stranded at Detroit for 7 and a half hours with three kids and no stroller! No...that story is just talked out. Let's start with yesterday....

So my husband leaves for Fire School yesterday (three day training for his job). I, of course, get the three kids while he runs off to a town laden with college girls and gets put up in a suite and is even given a check to pay for all of his meals and partying with the other husbands that were just handed a golden ticket! I think I will spend some quality fun time with my kids and head off for Cici's Pizza.

We're driving along and my one year old van starts freaking out on me and blinking that I need to get my security theft serviced....hello?? Who services their theft? What the heck is the theft? So I drive to a friend's (who of course isn't home). My husband via cell phone has told me to turn off the car, hit the alarm, disable the alarm and turn back on the car. Doesn't start. Try again. Okay it's started. Going to Cici's..bye honey. My whole dashboard goes blank at the next light...no gas, no telling me how fast I'm going, nothing! I call Chevrolet and I tell them I'm scared to stop but a little scarder (is that a word?) to keep going. I take the car in and they hand over a new car. I ask if we could upgrade to something bigger because I also watch extra kids..they give me a trailblazer...with no third row...so really I just got something that would cost me more in gas but be of no help with the kids. Thanks. Off we go to Cici's and I even remember to go to Target to get milk.

During the whole car thing I left a message on my friend Jen's phone (note to readers...remember Jen, she's my best friend and her name will come up a lot!). I told Jen that I was having car problems and that when she got out of her church meeting she should not leave town or anything because I might need to be picked up. So...after Target I realize something important. I call Jen. She says "are you broke down?" And I reply "nope, I'm locked out." Of course I've left my garage door opener in the car in the shop which is now closed. Lucky for me I lock myself out a lot and no longer own my key because Jennifer drives around with it for moments like these.

"How was your night honey?"

"Oh great. Just had a nice relaxing dinner with the boys. Think I'm going to go up to bed soon and get a good night's rest."

I say "Oh good...have a great sleep. I love you!"
I think...Are you kidding me?! I just had a night from hell and you are going to make sure you get enough rest?! Don't let me interupt you. I'll just go wrangle up our three bundles of wild and bathe them and put them to bed. Then I might clean up the mess that I left from lunch. Then I'll put Kaylee back to bed after she has gotten up for the tenth time. Then I'll give in and ditch the nice relaxing bath I was thinking about so that I can lay down with her and get some quality snuggle time in with her since it is a treat for her to be sleeping with me. And while I lay there I'll think about all of the things I forgot to do today and make a mental list for tomorrow. But again...don't let me bother you...you just go rest from all your hard work at dinner tonight.

So this is what I meant by "not-my-fault-dramatic life!"

1 comment:

Karen H TX said...

that was way toooo funny. I can just hear you saying all of that, and I'm laughing.