background

Friday, January 6, 2012

Resolution

So far I only have 1 resolution. But it's a BIGGIE! I am going to run everyday this year. I am allowing myself 5 days off which I will save in case I get sick..and if I don't get sick then I'll have a great 5 day break at the end of the year!!

My biggest reason for doing this is to see if I can. I have been running now for 2 years and the longest break that I've ever taken is 2 weeks. However, I always seem to take the breaks when I get to my best. I will start feeling comfortable running and pushing myself really hard and then I stop. And it sucks to start back up again. It seriously takes me weeks to get back to my old running self when I take a week off.

So, I want to know what my running would look like if I never took a day off.

The rules are simple. Run everyday. Minimum is 1 mile. Max is as far as I can go that particular day.

So far we are six days in and six runs complete. A good start, no?

I'm getting a little tired of Facebook again (I go through stages with that site!) so I will update mostly on the blog.

And I'm a really slow runner and always looking for a partner so if anyone ever wants to tag along...let me know!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Wow! I'm impressed and so proud for you! That is an impressive resolution! If you don't mind major poky runner tagging along, I will join you when I can. :)

Mrs White said...

OMG!! You are quite ambitious. Every day? How is that going for you? I sure know that I couldn't do it. No way. Right now I'm running 4 days a week. Two days, break, two days and break for weekend. For me, that's good. lol But I certainly learned first hand what you mean about taking a break and getting back into it. lol I seem to do better when i keep going. Running Monday after two days off is usually a pretty rough run for me but i'm good when i get going. Still working my way up to 10K - slowly and I mean slowly!!