background

Friday, June 10, 2011

There's A Hole In My Wall

The house we bought is only 15 years old. But, it was built in the style of a much older home where all of the rooms are very separate. We like that to a degree. However, we have a kick-butt kitchen on one side and a great fireplace in the living room. Since 99% of my time is spent in the kitchen I decided that I wanted it open so that we can entertain and I can cook all at the same time. Plus, the kitchen gets hot and the living room stays cold so we knew we had to do something to create better air flow. Our solution..knock out the wall!! Here is the result:

Before...

During...

And after...(don't mind the mess or the mismatch furniture....we are still in move mode!!)...

Now we have a lovely 5 inch strip of concrete between the tile and the carpet. So the new thing in house decorating!! Next up on the priority list...wood floors in the living room!

No comments: