background

Friday, June 24, 2011

Running for my LIfe

I'm alternating biking and running right now. As disgusting as it is, I love the sweat that pours off me here in TX. Makes me feel like Superwoman with every drip that runs down my face/neck/back/boobs...whatever!

I'm still in a funk. And I can't seem to shake it. So, last night when I started to cry I just threw on my running shoes and went out for a run. It takes more concentration to run than cry so the tears dried up pretty quick. Unfortunately, running when you're upset leads you to run aimlessly and by the time I got home I had run farther than I was expecting to. Oops! Sore thighs this morning!

I'm reading a book called Run Like a Mother. First of all, this is NOT a book for beginner runners! Anyone who says that they get up for a lovely 10 mile run on a Sunday is way more committed than I'll ever be!!

Anyways, in this book it describes what you should be doing in order to be getting ready for each distance of a race. At this point you should know that I have a hope of wanting to run the Houston Half in January. Back to the book...they say in order to run a 10K I should be running 3 miles easily (really?? a mile isn't even easy for me after a year and a half of running!!), minimum requirement is running 4 days per week, with one run at 5 to 6 miles, at least 15 miles per week.

Really?? I'm being dead serious when I say how hard this is for me. I want to die just looking at that training schedule for a 10K...how the heck??!!

Well, I don't know about the Houston Half but I'm pretty sure I am going to run myself right out of this funk!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

You can do it! And you can wear a nifty Emma's Hugs shirt or tank too! :) If you need to come over and cry, I'll cry with you. I'm real good at it. :) Hope you shake your funk soon. Love and hugs, Christy