background

Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Goings Ons In The Clinton House

IN-LAWS
My wonderful in-laws were here to visit last week. We did a bit of sight-seeing and lots of SkipBo playing and tons of eating. It was wonderful to have family filling up our house with love and laughter. And would you believe that I only picked up my camera once...to capture the old people taking a nap on the couch!! hahahha

JAMES
My James has been having some discoloration going on around his face. All up the side of his face and neck. I tried to scrub it off by rubbing him raw with soap and a face cloth and that didn't work. So, I assumed it was a pigment change (since we have no family history of his biological family this made sense to me). On Friday we went to the Dr's just to be certain. She took an alcohol swab and rubbed the affected area...ya, he was just dirty!!

Stop laughing!

Apparently James has some oils on his skin that are trapping the dirt and no amount of soap and water can get it off. So, he will have to be wiped down with some rubbing alcohol every so often. And I guess a bath every couple of days wouldn't hurt!

Ugh...between swollen penises and dirty faces...the Dr will probably be thrilled when I come in for just a run of the mill cold!

JIMMY
My adorable husband has left me to go to a Men's Advance this weekend (because real men don't retreat!). He is in the middle of the Rocky Mountains with a bunch of Godly men zip-lining, hiking, scratching their....well, you know, whatever it is that men do on those things!

My sweet James wondered this morning how bad it must stink in the morning when all of those men wake up and have their morning farts. HAHAHHA I almost died laughing. However...SOOOO TRUE!! Stinky boys.

Without sounding too condescending, I just want to say I'm so proud of Jim. He really stepped out of his box to go do this thing. He did take his own vehicle though in case there was too much man hugging going on (his words, not mine). He wanted to make sure he could escape!! Oh, the people in this family make me laugh!!

ME
I've begun taking a couple of new classes. One is a Beth Moore study; Believing God. I loved the intro and am so excited about what lies ahead.

I've also started Financial Peace University. If you haven't heard of it, go google it. It's Dave Ramsey teaching us how to handle money within a biblical perspective. I just did my homework which is a quick budget based on how I've spent my money in the last month. Ya, that was fun. I'm really excited about all of the saving and undebting I'll be doing over the next 12 weeks...however, not so thrilled about what it means for my spending habits. Ugh!

COMMUNITY
Our new library opened up today. That was terribly exciting to our household. The old Brighton library sucked. It was like walking into a time-warp building from the early 80's. And they didn't have very many books. And those they had were in horrible conditions. I was not a big fan!

I have been counting down for the last month to the grand opening. So much so that the first words out of Jagger's mouth when he woke up this morning were "Yay! The library opens today!!" Such a good little four year old!

We met up with our friends, the Bainbridges (sans Bill because he is off man hugging with my husband this weekend). We made it in time for the ribbon cutting. We also took our kids to a Sticky Fingers Food Demonstration where they got to make gazpacho ( no idea how to spell it). The kids enjoyed the chopping and stirring...not so much the eating. We went into another room where local restaurants were giving out samples and chowed down in there (the fried pickles from the Brighton Depot rocked my world!). We checked out about a million books and five movies and truly enjoyed our time looking around and enjoying the new space (although I'll enjoy it much more on Monday morning when it is waaayyy less crowded). All in all though....sooo thrilled with the new building and the new books. Can't wait to spend hours of fun in the new space.

Okay...I guess you're tired of reading now. Hope you are having a wonderfully blessed weekend!! Till next time....

2 comments:

Nanny said...

nice reading your blog again Krista...its been toooo long...Great blogging by the way...good stories : )

Carissa said...

The new library is super fantastic. Like a really nice bookstore, except I don't have to pay to take the books home with me.