background

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Couple of Dumb Blonde Moments

DUMB BLONDE MOMENT ONE:
Yesterday I had to call our medical insurance company to clear up a few questions about Kaylee's ear tube surgery that she had this past spring.

Insurance Representative: Who is the child you are calling in reference to?

Me: Kaylee

IR: Is this your primary insurance:

Me: Huh:

IR: Is this your PRIMARY insurance?

Me: Well, she's my first child. (Thinking: But doesn't it get distributed equally among them??).

IR: Um...is this the ONLY insurance coverage you have?

Me: Ohhhhh

IR: (Unashamedly laughing at me on the phone....)

Jimmy: (staring at me in complete disbelief that he just heard this half of the conversation in his kitchen).


DUMB BLONDE MOMENT TWO:
Me: Hey Julie, will I have to pay a penalty if I wait until October 2nd to get my inspection if it was due in September.

Julie: I don't know but you just got one last year when you moved here so it shouldn't be due for another year.

Me: No, I just paid my registration and got a new sticker for 2010 but I still have an 09 sticker.

Julie: Do you think that might mean the month?

Me: No. It says 09 really big so it is due in 09.

Julie: I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let you do your registration without an inspection so I don't think it's due.

Me: Whatever. I'll call them tomorrow.

I get off the phone and go back and look at the stickers. Then I pull out my registration forms and look at the HUGE print on the envelope which states that they are not sending me a month sticker to go with the year sticker since it will still be due in the same month, just a new year.

And did you know that September is the 9th month of the year??

I need some sleep!!

1 comment:

Catharooni said...

Oooooh Krista, you're sure good for a laugh!! xo