background

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year

Oh my goodness...2008!! Time flies. I read a saying in Reader's Digest once.."when you have children the days are endless but the years fly by." I have repeated that saying many times. I can't believe how fast this past year went.

So..New Year's resolutions. I have many. Not diet. Not exercise. I want to keep my body healthy. I want to treat my body as the temple for the Holy Spirit that it is. I want to have my body ready and available that if God should call me to do something that I would have an able body to do it with. Plenty of good food, exercise, and rest.

I want to be a better mom. I am so good at taking my kids places. Movies, museums, out with friends. I am not so good at sitting on the floor and playing with them. I want to spend more time on the floor with my kids this year. I want my kids to say they had a fun childhood and that mommy loved them with everything she had.

I want to be a better leader. I think Jim and I will even go to leadership conference with the church this year. I want to have a small group of six to eight couples that meet regularly and have strong Christ-based relationships. I want to be convicted in my beliefs and not sway so easily. I want to be a better role model.

I will read my bible daily this year. Quiet time every day in 2008. I know God is going to use this in a mighty way and I can't wait to see what He has planned. I am most excited about this resolution but also this is the hardest one to tell others about because I know I'll be held accountable.

This year I will celebrate my ten year anniversary with my husband. Ten awesome years. Some were tougher than others and we almost lost the battle at one point..but through Christ, we were victorious! We will celebrate in a big way. My husband is my everything and I am so very proud to be his wife. (ugh..I just got teary. I really am thankful for my Jimmy!)

I want to do a lot this year. I want to continue on our journey with God to be better with money. I want to continue trying and finding ways for me to make money that are creative and fun. I really want to move..and Tanglewilde is what we are set on finally. I want to create more friendships with strong christian women. I want to blog more. I want to better organized. I want to have more fun with my family. We have lots of travelling planned for this year..I want it to be fun and safe for our whole family. I want to feel God's grace.

Here's wishing you all a Happy New Year. Hope it is a blessed year for all of you!!

No comments: