background

Friday, January 11, 2008

I did it!!

I gave my first presentation ever today...to about 25 women! I spoke to my MOPS group about organization-how to organize your calender, finances, home, diet and exercise, and clutter. It was so great! It didn't start off so good though.

I knew that I was supposed to go up after Charlotte read a story. Halfway through the story I could feel the nerves come on. I started to feel hot at the top of my head..I don't know if it's just me but whenever I have fainted, I've always had that feeling on the top of my head. And then I could hear my heartbeat as loud as thunder in my ears. I thought, NOOOOOO I have to at least get up before I pass out. I can't just pass out from the thought of stage fright !! I realized I had my legs crossed so I uncrossed them to let the blood flow and then took a few deep breaths while I said a million little prayers! It was very scary sitting there.

When I got called up I told them how nervous I was and then introduced myself and went into the presentation. I spoke for about 30 minutes. I talk really fast when I get nervous so I was scared that I was going to be done in 5 minutes. God really spoke through me today though and I was amazed at how easy and exhilarating it was. The feedback when it was over was wonderful. My favorite was an older woman who told me that I did great and that I was "definitely doing the work of God." How nice is that?!!

So, it's over now and I'm thrilled. All week long I couldn't think past this moment. Then as soon as it was over I had to refocus because I have a house to scrub and studying to do since I'm hosting and teaching small group tonight!

Until next time....

No comments: