background

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In A Funk

Do you ever get into a funk? Like you are busy but you don't seem to be going anywhere? This happens to me every once in a while and I feel like I need to shake things up a bit. I'm all rearranging furniture, wanting to put down new flooring, buy new appliances, paint..just a little bit of change. I even told the director of CDO that I would consider coming back to work for her..turns out that it wouldn't work out with me doing Day School part time though. I just need a change in my routine. I think I'm lost because I'm not doing the cleaning anymore and I'm not sure what to do now. I'm losing sleep over the fact that my sister and I aren't talking and I have no idea how to fix it. I just feel blah!

In good news....

The painting in the preschool will be done and paid for this week. That I'm excited about!

I got to work at Day School for my first full day of subbing today. That was awesome. I know for sure that if I was ever offered a full-time job there, I would take it in a heartbeat. I got to work with Kay Byford today and it was such a pleasant day. I like that the class is in such a routine. There is a time and place for everything. There is a lot of organization that goes on behind the scenes and I love that part.

Charlotte wants me to clean her house this week. It's a one-time gig and I'm excited about that.

Oh, and HUGE news!! I was invited to speak at the ladies retreat for Second Baptist in March. I'm soooooo nervous. I'm excited though. God has already laid some stuff on my heart and I'm excited to hear what He wants me to say. I'm amazed at the impact that the last presentation had on other people. I think God is working mightily and I'm so shocked that he's using me to speak through!!

You know, a funny thing happened to me last week. I had an appointment with Dr. Buck (yes, I'm getting braces, ugh!) and it was a great appointment, I really like him and his staff. Well, I had some issues with my health growing up, stuff that I don't think about too often. Every time I sit with a new doctor though I have to sit and go through the list; born with cleft palate, bad hearing, right ear drum partially deteriorated, cataracts, blind in right eye, glaucoma (and this doctor didn't need to know but there is also endometriosis and infertility issues). I mean the list is kind of overwhelming when you get it all in one shot. So, the next day I go to get my molds made and Dr. Buck came in and said that he had told his wife all about me the night before and that he just thinks I have such a great attitude. I was like, okay, thanks, not knowing what he was talking about. Then he said, no really, you've faced a lot of adversaties in your life and you have a great attitude. I thought..you know he is right. God has really put some things in my path but thankfully they were not stepping stones that I had to jump out of the way of, they were building blocks that really helped me to become who I am today. I also thought, it's amazing how much of an impression we can leave in just a small amount of time. We need to be careful and really show God's love to everyone.

In my Sunday school class the teacher asked this question: If someone spent the afternoon with you, would they know that you were in love with Jesus by the time they left? Think about that!

1 comment:

Lesley At Sarita Farms said...

You are an inspiration to me...that is for sure!! I am so glad that I have reconnected with you and can't wait to the ladies retreat!! You are one of the smartest and witty people I know and I am blessed to call you my friend!!!