background

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Most Embarrassing Mommy Moment Ever!!

And it was Jagger...

The older two were at AWANAS and it was just Jagger and me. I took him out for pizza and then to Old Navy to buy him some new pants. I got to the register and apologized to the teenage cashier because Jagger had ripped the tags off, although I was holding them and handed them to her. She said it was fine and was glad he wasn't like half the kids that come in there running around. I said oh no, I usually have three running around but tonight it's just him and he's pretty good in the stores.

Then my children's Dr's wife came behind me, and I know her well since I'm a frequent flyer at the Dr's office, and we began to chat.

Then it happened...Jagger pushed the button for the fire alarm. BEEEEP BEEEP BEEEP and the lights began flashing. I was so embarrassed. I was apologizing to the cashier, to the Dr's wife, anyone who could hear me. Then the manager came running up and I explained that my son had pushed the button and apologized. He fiddled with the alarm and tried a few codes that didn't work. He then got on the phone to call his boss at home to figure out the code. At this point I figure I've done enough and that it was time for me to go. Apologizing profusely, I grabbed up my bags and headed out the door.

I get Jagger all settled into his car seat and I start the car. I see Mary coming out of Old Navy and can still see people inside holding their ears and the lights flashing. I ask her what's going on, can they not figure out the code?? She explains that only the fire department can turn off the alarm. At that exact moment I hear the sirens in the distance. I was like OH NOOO..ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? She says I might need to give them my name and number, I might get fined for this. I was like are you sure, do you think I should go in. She says..no, I think you should just leave. I said yeah, that's probably a good idea and off I went as the sound of the sirens got closer and closer....

And this is my well-behaved child

No comments: