background

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thirst

I have been reading my Bible like crazy lately. I can't seem to get enough. I was going in order from beginning to end but after 1Kings I decided I wanted to read from different chapters. First James, then Esther (two of my favorites!) then on to Matthew, Jonah, Ezra, Mark. I read whole chapters from beginning to end. I seem to be comprehending it like I never have before. I'm not just reading over sentences so I can finish and say I read the Bible again, I'm really hearing some great stuff and understanding things. It's been awesome!

Now most of you know that we are trying to move back to Colorado. I want this more than anything else in my life. Is reading the Bible my way of bribing God to do what I want...I promise to read more if you will just give me what I want?? Maybe. Partly. But doesn't God use all trials to draw us to Him. Could maybe the whole reason we came back to TX was to find God in leaving again? I don't know. But I do know that I am closer to God than I have been in a long time and it feels so good to be sitting at His feet again.

Here is some verses from James that I have read over and over in the last week:

5-8If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open.

Isn't that amazing?? I am boldly believing and boldly praying that God's hand is all over our lives right now!!

Also...today is September 1st. There are 31 chapters in the book of Proverbs. Kaylee and I are reading one chapter together every morning for the whole month...and then obviously we will do the 31st chapter on October 1st. I'm super excited that she wants to do this with me and can't wait to see how God uses this time in both of our lives. Feel free to hold us accountable and ask us how it is going!

That's all my thoughts for now. I will be sure to post more info on our journey as they get sorted it out. Thank you for all of the prayers that are heading our way...I know God is hearing them!

No comments: