background

Saturday, August 13, 2011

One Week Left

I can't believe we only have a week of summer left!! How did it fly by so quick?? Usually I'm disheveled and doing a count down by mid June...but this year I made it all the way to a week to go!! WOO HOOOOO!!!

These last 3 months have been jammed pack with fun. The kids did 2 VBS weeks. We went on vacation to Bastrop and San Antonio with Jimmy's family. Kaylee went away to my Aunt's house for a week and to Austin for a weekend. Memories were made with my Mom when she visited for a week. Blokus, Skip Bo and Scrabble were regular companions. Tons of remodeling done on the house. We visited Pirates Bay, Calypso Cove and the Wave Pool to get our swim on. We spent a night watching TV and having a sleepover in the TV room. The kids read over 60 books each and participated in the Mont Belvieu library summer program!! James participated in Bayou Bunch outings and did a week of Stomp Camp. We bowled with the kids bowl free program a bunch of times. We met neighbors and made friends.

And now we have one week left. Each of the kids have orientation at school next week and then of course it is time for haircuts and school shoe shopping. I know we still have to fit in our end of the summer Chuck E. Cheese family fun day and I'm sure there will be a couple of other fun surprises to sneak in. But really...I can't believe my babies will be off to school again in 9 days!!

I hope you've had a great summer too!!

No comments: