background

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Shooting....on my way to the goals...

So, I had set my deadline to finish my goals to be the weekend I went to TX. But I hadn't bought my tickets to TX yet. Well, I finally bought them today!! I'm sooo thrilled. I was starting to get nervous because I wasn't able to find them for less than $225 which is more than Julie or I wanted to pay. Lucky me, I logged onto travelocity.com this morning and found them for $150! So, now that the goal posts are up...it's time to really focus on getting those goals in!

Physically...I managed to get up to running 1.5 miles. And I love it! Who knew? I get into the zone and just sort of go after it. But nothing beats the endorphines that kick in when the run is over. I feel like I could jump over the moon!

Now the bad news....my knee is killing me. It hurts so bad and is so inflamed that I can barely walk the next day. So, this weekend I actually stayed away from all exercise for 3 WHOLE DAYS!! YUK! I felt better and went back to spin class last night. My knee hurt a bit while spinning but it doesn't feel any worse today so that makes me happy. So, I guess I'm revising my workouts to include more spin during the week and only 1 or 2 runs on the weekend. Somehow, someway, I will make it to this 5k and get it completed! I'm really looking forward to it and cannot wait to cross it off my bucket list!

And some AWESOME NEWS...Jimmy has really taken to this running thing too, running up to 3.5 miles at a time. And he's lost 20 pounds!! I'm so proud of him!!

Financially...not much has changed. Well, we did accomplish one thing that wasn't on my list. WE MADE OUR LAST PAYMENT TO PRESCHOOL EVER AFTER NINE YEARS OF PAYING FOR OUR THREE KIDS TO GO THROUGH!! That is HUGELY EXCITING for us! We decided to pay off Jagger's last few months early so that we could just be done with it. And we are thrilled that we did!

Spiritually...we have made it to church the last 3 Sundays in a row! We have gone in with renewed hearts and God has really revealed himself to us. He is so faithful!

So yay! Lots of good things happening. My heart is feeling very full and I am feeling very blessed.

2 comments:

Asha said...

Great to hear all the good news! Can't wait to see you at Ladies' Retreat!

Lesley At Sarita Farms said...

That all sounds like you are doing great!! sorry about your knee...mine does that too. Jackie and I have been walking and the other night I just ran home from her house to mine and my knee was huge that night. I wish I could make it to the ladies retreat this year but Emily would get hungry!! LOL!