background

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Quiet Sunday Morning

It's sooo quiet in my house right now. My husband went on an overnight hike with his buddy. My children are still nestled in their beds. And I'm sitting on the couch with a hot cup of tea and snuggled in a warm blanket. It's still.

I've been thinking about my relationship with Christ this morning. I feel like I've veered so far off path in the past year. I'm not doing anything wild and crazy...but I'm not finding any time to spend with my Father either. I'm missing Him. And I know that He's right beside me and I just need to reach out and say "hello." Why does that feel so hard sometimes??

I could blame the space on a lot of things. It has been tough to move out of the bible belt. I'm not in a Christian bubble anymore. Not as many people to hold me accountable. Blah blah blah. I know the real answer though...laziness!

I'm really looking forward to the Ladies Retreat weekend in 25 days! I need to go back to TX and be refreshed. I need to remember what it feels like to meet with God everyday. I want the Spirit poured back into me and I want to feel that fire and desire that I'm missing. It's a lot to ask of one retreat but God meets me there every year and we have a date again this year!

God is so good and so faithful and I am so blessed that when I ignore Him that He doesn't just turn around to find something else to do. He sits. He waits patiently. And waits. And waits. So very patiently. And then welcomes me back with as much love as the first time we spoke!

I am so Blessed.

God is so Good!

No comments: