background

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Setting Some Goals

I'm a very goal-oriented person. If I know I have a deadline then I can get things done. So, this year is going to be the year of goals for me. Luckily I have lots of pit stops along the way that will be my deadlines.

My first "pit stop" is the ladies retreat with my old church in TX. My best friend Julie and I are flying in for the weekend to spend some time with my TX best friends. I'm sooo excited about the trip and thrilled that Jules is coming with me.

But I have some goals to get to before we leave in March.

Physical: I have to lose 10 pounds. I've already lost 7!! And....I will be running my first 5k with my small group. Now...I don't run! I can't run!! I have never run more than 2 minutes at a time in my life. So I'm training. And just this weekend, for the first time in my life, I ran a full mile outside...without quiting! I still have a long way to go but it sure feels good to make a head start. I'll start blogging about the progress and you can all have a good laugh at my expense.

Financial: Since taking the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University I have been setting small goals for our finances. I have put our house on a strict budget. I wanted our Lowes debt paid off by New Years and when we fell short we decided to give up Christmas presents for Jim and I so that we could pay it off. And we did. So, we have debt paid off now and we have moved on to cars. My goal is to pay off a certain amount of Jimmy's car by March. We have made headway but it is going to continue to take discipline to reach my just out of reach goal!

Spiritual: My small group is doing a bible study called Encounters with God. I have become a little complacent when it comes to church and getting into God's Word lately. This bible study challenges us to transform. So, transform I must. My goal is to go to church every Sunday and pray before service that God would reveal to me what I need to take from each service....or give. I also need to buy myself the bible in The Message version. I have wanted it for over a year and refused to spend the money on it. I want to read through the bible again in a different version and I need to get it so that I can do it.

So, that's it. Not too tall of an order right? I can do it by March 25th!

Then when I get back in March I will set new goals that will need to be attained by the time we leave for Jagger's 5th birthday family vacation on Memorial weekend.

I think this will be the year of getting things done!! Pray for me!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Krista, I admire your goals and will pray for you each day. I know that you will attain each of them.

Sara

Carissa said...

Good job with the running. I made it 1.5 miles on Friday. I'm hoping to hit the 2 mile mark by the end of this week. Running is evil.