background

Monday, October 12, 2009

Hot Heads Pepperspread

So, I have a couple of friends, Keith and Jeff, that have gone into the business of making pepper spreads. Jeff has dropped off a couple of sample bottles and Jimmy has taken them into work for the guys to try.

The last sample was Hoppin' Jalepeno. I'm not much of a "hot and spicy" girl but I knew that my girlfriend was making chicken enchiladas for our bunco meeting that night. I decided to take the bottle with me. I got my delicious enchiladas and then put a big spoonful of Hoppin' Jalepeno right on top. OH MY GOSH...THAT STUFF WAS HOT!! But even though I was breathing fire I couldn't stop myself from taking the next bite. There was just something delicious about it.

I brought the leftover home and put it in the fridge. I was making a tuna sandwich for lunch one day and I just happened to see the jar of Hoppin' Jalapeno when I went to get the mayo out of the fridge. I decided to mix a big tablespoon into the tuna. It was AWESOME!! Best tuna sandwich of my life.

My new goal was to put this stuff in everything and see how it changed the taste.

We needed a last minute dinner on a busy night in the Clinton house. I decided to make Hamburger Helper. The kids ate theirs and then I made myself a plate. Then I remembered the pepper spread. I got a spoonful and mixed it into my plate....and PRESTO! My crappy hamburger helper turned into my favorite meal! It was so good I made it again the next day for Jimmy. Delish!

We've mixed it into curry chicken and pasta salad with chutney...made it have a pepper jam flavor...loved it!

Mixed it into our chili and scrambled eggs breakfast burrito...way to start the day off with a kick.

I'm telling you, this stuff can be put in anything! And me, the one who does not like spicy, I just bought two more jars!

For information on ordering, check out their website at www.pepperspread.com You'll be glad you tried it!

No comments: