background

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Take it like a Man!

Okay, weird thing about me...I hate wimpy men!! I'm all for women's rights and liberation and all that stuff, but I want a man that is a man! I woke up at 4:30am Friday morning and Jimmy was still in bed with me. He was running a 102 degree fever and had a sore throat. Meanwhile, Jagger, who had a dangerously high fever of 105.2 the night before was up and hollering for his cup. I trudged upstairs to get him, brought him into bed with me and gave him a cup of milk. He was much happier...and ready to have some fun! I cuddled and chatted with him until about 6am when we both fell back to sleep. My alarm went off at 6:15...ugh! I left the two sickies alone and started my day.

I got Kaylee off to school. James and Jagger were having breakfast and Jimmy makes his pathetic, sick entrance. I call the doctor for Jagger and then I call for Jim and send him on his way. Jagger has a wicked virus (but the good news is the pink eye that he was diagnosed with on Tuesday is gone..bad news is that James has it now!) and Jimmy has strep.

I cancel my weekend away to the ladies retreat. I know that this is why they are all sick anyways so I might as well give them what they want. What do you know..Jagger seems to get better miraculously. I swear that boy knows when I'm leaving him!

Jimmy comes home from the doctor's and tells me I should go ahead and go to the retreat. First of all, we all know moms don't leave when their babies are sick (and that includes husbands). Second of all, he says this as he is heading to the bedroom to go comatose for three hours. Yeah, that's someone I want to watch my children. Of course I was totally annoyed that Jim just went off to bed for three hours...what I would do to be able to do that when I'm sick! Then he gets up and I'm okay again. Then he starts to go back to bed. Finally I broke...I told him that I'm sorry he felt like butt but that I needed him to at least stay in the room with me and chat with me. I can't handle being left alone. And I hate seeing him asleep! It's the weirdest thing...I like my man to suck it up. But we all know that men suck when they are sick!!

Everyone is better now. Jimmy even got up and went to work on Monday although he was not at 100% yet. The children are all back at school. And somebody owes me a weekend away!!

No comments: