background

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend is finally over. I've been counting down the days until the kids go back to school. Okay, you know I had a fun weekend with them...but really, three kids is tiring!! And here's the kicker...Kaylee woke up sick today so she is home from school! Ugh!!

On Good Friday Hilde, Chris and I took the kids to see the replica of the Christopher Columbus boat, the Nina. When we pulled up James looked at all the boats off the pier and said "I am NOT going on a boat!!" He had me laughing so hard! Poor guy, we've traumatized him for life with our canoe tip! After the boat we all went to the park and had a picnic. The kids played for about an hour. What a beautiful day in the sun!

James went on his first real sleepover on Friday night. Hilde and I traded kids. She got James and we took Hillary. We also went and picked up Mere-Kate. I took all three of the girls to see the move The Last Mimzy (awesome movie!) and then we met Jim and Jagger at Cici's for Pizza. I haven't spent an afternoon eating that much junk food since I was 12! Then we headed home for baths, Twister and a late night girl chat fest!

The funniest thing about the sleepover is that Kaylee lost her tooth earlier in the day. And poor Jimmy had to wait until all of the girls were asleep until he could play tooth fairy. That didn't happen until after midnight! What a good daddy! I noticed some of my chocolate bars were missing in the morning and Mere-Kate told me that they had eaten them before bed. Jimmy never let them have them so he said that they must have snuck by when he fell asleep in front of the computer. That created this wonderful vision of the girls tip-toeing around the computer room to sneak the chocolate...too funny!

Saturday morning the girls were up early. That's okay because I kept Jagger in bed with us so that the girls wouldn't wake him up...that was pointless! The kid kept us up all night and I had been up since five when I heard the girls at 6:30am. We got them all dressed, hair straightened and looking very Eastery and then off we went to the Pancake breakfast and egg hunt at CBUMC. We had a late winter chill and it was freezing cold but the kids still had a blast hunting for eggs. We came home and all took at two and a half hour nap...mom and dad included!!

Saturday night it was off to Jeremy and Amber's. We had grilled hamburgs and hot dogs and of course, another egg hunt! Kaylee met a friend there but at one point she came over to talk to me. I was holding her in my arms (she was wrapped around me like a monkey...that girl is all legs and arms!) and she pushed off from the counter with her foot. There was a little girl riding a kid toy behind me so as I was falling to the ground I had to arch my legs and try not to hit her. I still knocked her over. I have a bruised calf and my back is killing me from the jolt of landing on my big butt! Poor little girl cried for fifteen minutes...I would too if some giant just landed on me! Kaylee wasn't trying to make me fall and she felt so bad. I was hurting so bad, rubbing the little girl who I landed on and trying to let Kaylee know she wasn't in trouble. And poor Jimmy missed it all because he was outside!

Easter Sunday the kids woke up to their Easter baskets. We all had some chocolate for breakfast, followed by eggs and bacon. Off to church we went. We thought we were going to the not packed service...apparently so did everyone else! We had to sit outside of the sanctuary with the doors open. It was a beautiful service! I didn't cook because we didn't have any family in so we all went out to Cracker Barrel. Yummy! Then we all came home and took three hour naps again! At 4:00 it was time to head over to Joy and Kent's for....you guessed it, another Easter egg hunt. It was great to be with all of our small group friends. We had a wonderful time and it was a perfect way to end our Easter.

I don't know which idiot decided on the school calender that we should have a bad weather day at the end of Easter weekend, but we did, and so everyone was home again on Monday. Jagger was sick with runny eyes and nose so we went to the doctor's. Pink eye. Haven't paid the deductible for this year yet....$56. Ugh! Then we had to do some grocery shopping. Home for naps again..this time it was just Jagger. Jim came home early and we had a nice night together.

Tuesday now....Kaylee's turn to go to the doctor. Jagger doesn't have school on Tuesdays. James better wake up feeling fine! Let's get things back to normal around here!! I do have ladies retreat coming up this weekend...can you say excited?!!

No comments: