background

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

James' Birthday

I can't believe my James is four today. Four years old! That means that three years ago today we flew him home from Russia to bring him to his forever home here in the United States. It was a horrible never-ending trip but the journey was worth every minute!

This has been a big year for James...for James and me. No one can bring me to the heights of anger that he can right to laughing until I have tears in my eyes. He's a fireball of sweetness, humor, anxiety, moodiness, silliness and love! This is the year that we did behavior therapy together and I learned to really ignore the annoying, discipline the bad and love the little boy that is my son. I have learned to love his quirks...how he plays with his toys in ways they were never meant to be played with, how he gets embarrassed and tries to pretend that he doesn't burp or toot, the way he wakes up so early and has learned to stay in his room until mom comes to get him...everything about him is just who he is...and I LOVE MY JAMES!!

It's been a long three years but I would have to say that this one has been my favorite. This was the hardest but it was also the year I started accepting who James is and I can finally love him for him and not for who I wanted him to be. He's perfect! And he's my son!

Happy fourth birthday James!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.