background

Monday, December 31, 2012

Another Year Gone

Wow!  What a difference a year makes!

I can't even tell you what I was doing last year on New Year's Eve.  I have been trying all morning, and even with the kids help, cannot for the life of me think of what we did.  I know I was in TX.  I was sad.  I wanted to be in CO.  My life was so focused on those three things for so long that I don't even have memories outside of my thoughts.

A year later...we celebrate New Year's Eve as a family in our beautiful home in Colorado!  It feels like we have been here forever.  The year in TX, that felt like it was an eternity, has somehow just become a blip on the radar.  I am amazed and so very grateful in all the blessings that this past year brought us.

We don't do parties or go out to celebrate the end of our years and the beginnings of new ones.  We stay home as a family.  Just the hubster, the kids and me.  Sometimes we have friends over.  Tonight we aren't.  We will make pico de gallo quesidillas, spanish rice, chips with nacho cheese and lots more fattening but oh so yummy food!  We will do a puzzle, watch a movie, play some games.  We will laugh, the kids will fight.  It will be just the way I like it.  My family.  My blessings. 

I am excited to see what the New Year brings.  We have planned two trips: one to Chicago with Jimmy's family in July.  And a surprise trip to Cozumel on Christmas Day (the surprise will be for the kids, they have no idea and won't until that morning!).  I have some goals...I will run the Boulder Boulder 10K on Memorial weekend.  We are back on a Dave Ramsey budget plan so we have some financial goals for ourselves this year.  I want to finish reading The Message version of the bible that I've been reading for 2 years...this is the year I want it completed!  We want to find a home church and will do more than talk about it.  We would like to find some families to do life group with.  I want to read, read, read and encourage my children to do the same.  I want to be a better wife, mother, sister and friend.  I want to blog more.  I want to give more. 

But God always has bigger plans than us and no matter what I hope for and reach for, I want Him to be in control and I want to follow His direction.  And if that means that I have to derail my plans and go with His, then I pray that I have the strength and the wisdom to do so!  There cannot be a richer life than the one that God has planned for us.  We just need to listen close enough to know what that is.

A new year....a new beginning....the possibilities are endless!  I can't wait!

No comments: