background

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My 3 Heroes

It's official...my boys are HEROES!!

Pennock Elementary hosts a St.Baldricks event once a year to raise money for Kids with Cancer. It's an awesome opportunity for the community to get together and support a great charity.

My children all have very giving spirits. I'm so proud of each of them.

When I saw the flyer for this, I immediately thought it would be a great way to get Jagger involved. He has such beautiful hair. Sometimes we've been told to cut it though...it's too long, he looks like a girl...MEAN PEOPLE! But we talked with Jagger and told him that a lot of people would like to see his hair cut and that this would be a great way to raise some money for sick kids. He waivered a bit but then solidly decided that this was something he would like to do.

Jagger raised $500 alone. That was his goal and we thank everyone that helped him reach it! Jagger really enjoyed knowing who was giving to him, how much and reading the notes of encouragement and support that came along with the donations. He also loved all the people that couldn't donate but just encouraged and supported him with love. He's a shy boy but I think he liked the attention just a little!

Then we were getting close to shave time and James needed a haircut. And then daddy said he would love to join in and support Jagger. So, I signed them up as well. With only 3 days left to shave time we just put their goals at $50. James raised $55 and Jim raised $65.

That's a total of $620!! WAY TO GO CLINTONS!!

Here are the pics...

All 3 of them ended up on stage together at one point...love this pic! I have never been prouder of my boys!

James got his hair cut by a firefighter...SOO COOOL!!
My handsome boy. Slightly shorter than normal but just as goodlooking as always! James, I'm so proud of you for supporting your brother and doing something great for sick kids at the same time. What an awesome little boy you are!!

And here goes my Jagger...

I cried just like I knew I would. Jagger did really well though. He went right up on stage and was such a brave boy.

Then they were done and he felt his head....ummm, not so happy now!!
Look how handsome my boys are. Seriously...that Jimmy is HOTT with his head shaved!!

Since Jagger had the most severe cut he got to choose where we ate lunch to celebrate what heroes they are.....and MacDonald's won.

Jagger also got to go buy some new underwear because we are celebrating him for being out of pullups at night time for a whole month! He was super happy with the new skivies and has decided to wear a hat until his hair grows back in!!

He started to get comfortable without the hat too and Jimmy got him doing some kungfu master poses...I'm intimidated!

I actually kind of like his hair. When he smiles it fills up his whole face. His eyes are HUGE! Such a handsome boy. So, I wanted a cute pic of him and he put his rockstar hands up. I ask if I can have one without the hands and he says he can't because he has his spiderman underwear on....well, of course, that makes sense??

I can't stop looking at my handsome boy. I tell him how proud I am of him all of the time. He helped a lot of sick kids. He says he is happy he did it but he wants his hair back. He's not sad, just looking forward to never cutting his hair again. Me too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i seriously love all your writing choice, very remarkable.
don't give up as well as keep posting because it just simply truly worth to look through it,
excited to look into additional of your articles, have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Since they are bald, you can buy them some orage robes and Buddhist prayer beads for Halloween then. They look real cute bald!