background

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Normal Softball Practice


So, I've entered the world of softball. I put sports off as long as I could (so I wouldn't have to tote three kids around everywhere, of course) and it's finally reared it's ugly head!!
(The picture above is of Kaylee at tryouts on Saturday)
Well, we all know that nothing normal ever happens to me! I get to the field and have to find field number 4. Everyone else seems to know where they are going so I just pretend. (Oh, side note here..I also hate sports because I believe in sleep! This is her first practice and it's on a Tuesday night at 7pm...do they not know my kids are having a bath at that time so they can go to bed at 7:30??!!) Okay, so I find the field and we're a few minutes early so we hang out and our next door neighbor is there so she comes and chats for a while. All the girls are going onto the field so we send Kaylee on. So brave! Then Lori and I are chatting for a while and then she starts telling me stories about Kaylee's coach and how great he is. Then she says his name. And I was like, I thought his name was Minh. She says well maybe she's not at the right place. She calls him over and we discover that yes, she has been practicing with the wrong team. So we send Kaylee over to where her actual team is practicing, Lori grabs her bag for her (my arms are bogged down with my sleeping 2 year old!) and James and all of us go down to THE BACK END OF FIELD 4. Duh!
So, things are going well. Lori has helped me out. Jagger has woken up and the boys are running around. Kaylee is being so brave and doing everything she is supposed to be doing. Life is great. Then Jagger starts to scream. I run over and he is taking his shoes off and yelling that he has ants. I'm attacking the ones on his feet and realize they've gone up his legs. I hold Jagger up and tell Lori to pull off his pants. She yanks his pants off and starts flinging them around and getting the ants gone while I swat Jagger's legs and check his underwear to make sure they haven't claimed the family jewels! While this is going on, Lori's 11 year old daughter is standing back and says Now that's what I call ants in your pants! I couldn't help but laugh!! So we got Jagger ant-free and then he asks Ms. Lori if he could have his pants back on please and we do so. Then I thank Lori for rescuing me again. She says she is leaving but wants to make sure I'm going to be okay. I say just go...really, this is my life!!
This is my normal!
By the way, Kaylee did great at softball. I am so proud of her!

No comments: