background

Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break

What a great time we've been having this Spring Break! On Monday it was kind of yuck so Kaylee went to play at Hillary's while the boys, Coby and I all went to see Horton Hears a Who.

On Tuesday we just hung out because it was another yucky day.
Wednesday daddy was off and we went to the rodeo. What a great time. We had fun looking at and petting all the animals inside. Then we went outside to ride some rides. I was so excited about the boat ride. Kaylee and I were so looking forward to it. James felt the excitement and really wanted to ride it with us. I decided he should be in front so I could hold him in between my legs and Kaylee wanted to be in back. Then we started to move and I felt the clicks and looked up...we were being brought up a huge hill. This is the point I remembered the ENTIRE ride..we get brought up this huge hill and then go flying down with water spraying all over us! I was thinking cute little boat ride and I was obviously not watching the people that went on before us or I would have talked my kids out of it! Needless to say, it was scary but sooo fun. Kaylee and I felt such a rush! James was so mad that he got wet that he couldn't see how fun the ride really was??!! hahaha...my poor OCD boy! He talks about it now like it was great fun though..I guess hindsight really is 20/20.


Thursday we went to the Battleship and San Jacinto Monument.

What a great time. Jimmy mentioned going that morning and I said yes. He looked at me like yes, really?? I said sure, let's make this a yes day. Well, he ran with it. I have to say that I did enjoy it much more than I thought I would. I loved the living quarters on the ship. It was really neat to see all of the old stuff and imagining the men living on these ships for months at a time. The kids had a good time exploring too.
On the way home Jimmy decided we should take the ferry. Now I have a fear of driving into a tight space on the ferry. But it was a yes day so I went. And I did fine. 31 years old and I drove onto a ferry for my first time! Go me! Anyways, the funny part...we get on the ferry and realize our kids have probably not been on one before (maybe Kaylee but she would have been a baby). Jimmy gets out and opens the door to see if Kaylee wants to get out with him. She just stares at him awestruck. I wasn't sure what was going on. Until I realized that Jim got out exactly when the ferry started moving. I had to explain to Kaylee that our car was not moving, it was the ferry moving. That was some amazing feat she thought her daddy was performing! The boys got out first and once Kaylee saw that they were surviving, she got out for the last 30 seconds. Now that's something I should have gotten a picture of!
Today is Friday and we just went to the park to have a picnic. Jimmy is gone back on nights tonight and I needed to keep the kids quiet so he could sleep...and we all know that isn't happening so I took them out instead. We had a lovely time at the park and the kiddos got lots of energy out.
Tomorrow we are having a garage sale to raise money for our church's new building. Sunday is Easter so we will go to church and then to our friend's, Joy and Kent, for a BBQ lunch. Then school starts back on Monday.
And all the moms say AMEN!!

No comments: